A fully-functioning 19th-century village? Thats what you’ll find in Sweden’s oldest open air museum, formed in 1891. Truly magnificent in both content and scale, it is a must-see for anyone wishing to visit this Bastion of Scandinavia. The Post Office still operates and arts and crafts are taught all year round.
Its name is…Skansen!
If you like the smell of timber and architecture of the 19th century then this is the place for you. The sight of people in period costume of the place and the architecture will leave you breath-taken. The staff are informative and there is an authentic Swedish chef. Ever seen the muppets? He’ll remind you of them. It is truly the heart of 19th century Sweden. The open air cafes are abundant. So is cycling…
There are places like Helin and Voltaire that serve coffee tea and pastries, the smell of which you’ll never forget, plus more, or there is Skansen terrace, a wonderful open-air venue where you can sit and drink under the sky of a long summer evening. Want to have your own little glass moose? Why not go to the glass-blower and watch him make it before your very eyes?
All the fauna of Sweden are kept here. If you find seals cute and cuddly, a grey one is fed every day at his aquatic enclosure. He looks happy all -day long. The size of the enclosures is large. The animals have plenty of room and are loved by both staff and visitors.
Its harmony with nature leads you to think of all the dream you dreamt as a child.
- In Praise of the Stockholm Subway’s Breathtaking Art (theatlanticcities.com)
- Stockholm Sunset (jamesobrien.id.au)
- Stockholm, Sweden (cityhoppers123.wordpress.com)
- QEST Scholar (stevetomlincrafts.wordpress.com)
- Almost time to go home! (swedecorn.wordpress.com)
- Insider’s Guide To Stockholm (forbes.com)
- Justin Bieber’s Tour Bus Raided in Sweden, Police Confiscate Drugs (people.com)
- ‘Stockholm to grow faster than London by 2030’ (thelocal.se)
- Drugs found on Justin Bieber’s tour bus in Sweden (thenewstribe.com)
- Drugs found on Justin Bieber’s tour bus in Sweden (rappler.com)