Two a.m. in the morning is never a good time unless you’re partying or asleep. But when you’re in the middle of a closed, open-air shopping complex in London’s Stratford area, its not good at all. I was here having come back from Copenhagen on a late-night flight. It took until past midnight to get through customs and then there was a wait for the bus. But I got there o.k.
I just had to wait here until the underground opened, then travel across London to get the bus home to Gloucester from Victoria station. It was going to be a long night, “so just wrap up warm on the bench and sit tight tight!” I thought to myself.
Anyway, about three a.m., these two guys come up and start chatting to me. They weren’t threatening, just “night owls”. They were ushered on by a security guard but not before they asked if I was Australian, because of my accent. I said “you got it!” and smiled. After they left, I had a giggle. I’m Canadian!
- All’s Well That (Sort of) End’s Well: Weekend in Stratford-Upon-Avon (findinggolddust.wordpress.com)
- Person dies after being hit by train at Stratford (london24.com)
- Launch Event for Witchcraft in the Harem (aliyawhiteley.wordpress.com)
- Stratford-upon-Avon travel tips: Shakespeare walked this way (guardian.co.uk)
- Justin Bieber Has A Message For All His Haters (huffingtonpost.com)
- Does Goldsmiths in New Cross apply to UCL in Stratford? (urbanpractices2013.wordpress.com)
- The Representation and the ‘Material’ Realisation of Architecture and Urban Space (intersectingspaces.wordpress.com)
- More Bad News For Justin Bieber (huffingtonpost.com)
- Justin Bieber unveils 12th tattoo of a koi carp on his arm in the hope it will bring him good luck (dailymail.co.uk)
- Westfield mall ‘twins’ ring up £2bn sales after Olympic shoppers flood in (standard.co.uk)