I had booked a flying lesson the previous evening. Now, here I was up in the microlight, soaring like a young man dreams to from the age of three. How about that. How about flying high above the Indian Ocean‘s torquoise waters?
There was a deep blue, cloudless sky that Saturday and Cedric, my instructor, took me into the hangar where his Kitfox microlight was and he showed me around it before having some people roll it out onto the tarmac.
It was at this point that I was asked to take a seat in it. So I did and soon I heard the engine turn over.
The first thousand feet or so after takeoff was a bit bumpy. Its always a rush, though. Soon we started heading east and already could see the east coast where Jambiani is located. Cedric asked me if I wanted to take the controls. I said yes, of course.
I handled it through a few shallow turns with the stick and a little bit of rudder. I was in paradise. What could be better for a young man like myself.
After we got on the ground, Cedric said that he thought it would be a easy for me to gain a Private Pilots License. This thrilled me! Wow! an instructor had just spoke those words to me!
- +Zanzibar Wire Net Candleholders / Vases (Set of 3) (zanzibarwirenetcandleholdersvasesi8sale.wordpress.com)
- A Coffee in Zanzibar (archangeltravel.org)
- Zanzibar Day Nineteen – Zanzibar, Tanzania (travelpod.com)
- Zanzibar (archangeltravel.org)
- Don’t Buy Ivory (archangeltravel.org)
- Around the World in a Lightbox: Tanzania (shutterstock.com)
- Snapshots from Tanzania: Zanzibar’s Street Markets (seriouseats.com)
- Zanzibar vs FIFA (talesfromzanzibar.wordpress.com)
- Tanzania Celebrated a Unity that is under Threat (johanneslanger.com)
- Romantic Zanzibar (sanjaydhani.wordpress.com)