In Mediterranean warmth, it is easy to get carried away with yourself. I wasn’t. I was stuck in Sliema, Malta, with no Euros. Plenty of money if you counted the Pounds Sterling. This happened for a simple reason.
After being deterred from transferring my money into Euros three days later, I had decided to wait too long. Now I was there with no money.
This wasn’t going to be solved easily either. It was a Sunday, when businesses are closed, and I had arrived on the day, of all days, when the Labour Party won over the Nationalist party for the first time in twenty-five years.
That meant that the following day was a bank holiday. Great. This meant that I would have a hard time finding a place to transfer money the next day.
But, for now, all I needed was to eat. Eventually, I found a pizza hut where I ate a Margherita and was able to have another customer put the meal on their tab, later transferring the pounds sterling they received. That was really nice of them!
- Holidays in Malta (wottraveltwickenham.wordpress.com)
- Malta, Jewel of the Mediterranean (archangeltravel.org)
- The Mediterranean’s Hidden Gem – Malta (anniesshowroom.wordpress.com)
- No Maltese injured in Boston attacks – ministry (timesofmalta.com)
- Italian MEP calls on European Commission to block Malta’s spring hunting derogation (timesofmalta.com)
- Pastries in Valletta (archangeltravel.org)
- Amazing Malta. (anescapeastory.wordpress.com)
- Towards the establishment of a hub for literary exchange and translation in Malta (euromedlit.wordpress.com)
- George Opens Store Asda In Malta (pretamarque.com)
- The Maltese Connection – could the next Vatican’s Secretary of State be a Maltese too? (anonymousprophets.wordpress.com)